Legacy of Green’s Sausage House lives on - Business - Mobile Adv

back Side Panel

Legacy of Green’s Sausage House lives on

4 images

Steve Pettit | Herald

Charles, left, and Marvin Green operate Green’s Sausage House, located 10 miles east of Temple in Zabcikville.

Updated

In 1946, a young Central Texas couple, Della and Jerome Green, took a leap of faith and bought a small grocery store on the public road 10 miles east of Temple. They worked hard at their business, added a line of homemade sausage, were devout members of St. Joseph Catholic Church, and raised a family of two sons and four daughters.

4 images

Steve Pettit | Herald

Charles, left, and Marvin Green operate Green’s Sausage House, located 10 miles east of Temple in Zabcikville.